|Location:||New Orleans, LA|
Long Term and Short Term Disability
Group Life Insurance Plan
Employee Assistance Program
401K Savings Plan (with company match and immediate vesting upon enrollment after one year of service)
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for administrative and financial support and assistance to all departments. Responsible for the monitoring and reporting of all revenues and costs for the operation.|
|Duties:||• Assists management in day-to-day operations by providing financial and administrative support.|
• Produces weekly sales, labor, and cost of sales reports.
• Ensures all financial processes are being followed in the venue and all items posted and charged to the operation are valid and coded correctly.
• Performs Accounts Payable and invoice processing, and Accounts Receivable.
• Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
• Performs sales audit and sales/cash reconciliation, and account reconciliations.
• Applies basic accounting principles to the business.
• Follows up on requests by managers, home office departments, and partners.
• Assists management in financial procedures and reporting.
• Reviews weekly payroll and ensures accuracy; assists with payroll administration.
• Assists in keeping accurate records and proper staff deductions.
• Processes monthly billing from insurance providers; reviews bills for accuracy and codes for payment.
• Compiles information and prepare spreadsheets to assist Finance Manager and outside auditors.
• Assists with the preparation of information requested or required for compliance.
• Protects interests of staff members and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
• Administers terminations, and exercises care that reasons are well documented and are not arbitrary or discriminatory; responsible for hourly unemployment claims processing.
• Assists with benefit administration as necessary; ensures employee records are up-to-date in regards to eligibility for benefits.
• Oversees maintenance of accurate and complete personnel records; ensures that rules concerning confidentiality and retention are followed.
• Enters employee data into payroll/HRIS system and updates as necessary.
• Assists with workers compensation programs
• Performs office duties under regular supervision for all departments to include mailing, filing, and phone calls.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts
• Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Effectively multi-tasks and meets deadlines – understands big picture
• Possesses intermediate computer literacy (PC, Microsoft Office programs, Outlook)
• Good judgment and decision making abilities
• One to three years experience in a high volume restaurant, hotel, retail in a Financial Assistant / Clerk capacity; or two year college degree or a equivalent combination of education and experience
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.